Tuesday 11 October 2016

I used the money on my father's ailment-Company worker who swindled 10 clients of Visa fees(Photo)

A 27-year-old man, John Emmanuel, who was a staff member of a travel and tour company in Ibadan, Oyo State, has been arrested by the Oyo State Police Command for allegedly swindling over 10 clients of the company after collecting visa fees  from them without remitting the money to the company or the United States.
Crime Reports learnt that the suspect’s deeds were exposed when one of the company’s clients, one Gbemi (surname withheld) who introduced 10 clients to the suspect, reported at Apata police station that Emmanuel collected N433, 900 from 10 people as US visa fees between July and September.
In an interview with the suspect, he confessed to the allegation against him.He said..
“It is true that I collected money from some of our clients and did not remit it. I did it with the belief that I could always get the money and buy the visa fee later. I had some money I was planning to use to refund the money. I also had my commission which should be close to N200,000 that I was expecting the company to pay me.
“The money I collected totalled N433,900 from 10 people. Actually, I used the money on my father’s ailment. I never planned for things to come out this way. I thought I would have got the money I was expecting and remitted the one I spent before it would be exposed. But the money I was expecting did not come in good time; that was why I landed in this (arrest),” he said.
On the issue of stealing the visa fee code of some clients to process the visas of others, Emmanuel initially denied the allegation but later confessed when confronted by his former boss and the complainant.

No comments:

Post a Comment